|Operate machines safely and efficiently to complete one or more processes toward the manufacture/assembly of exhaust components to customer specifications. Perform as an active/contributing team member by supporting and performing all the tasks within a cell group. Ability to work frequent overtime, including extended daily shifts and Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Tenneco may make reasonable accommodations to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
|Education / Experience / Skills:|
Education / Experience:
- Employee must have high school diploma or GED.
- Some Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety instructions/policies, Control Plans, Standard Work Instructions, Inspection Reports, work orders, directions, charts and all safety regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude to operate machines and the ability to perform basic preventative maintenance and minor repairs
- Basic math skills
- Ability to learn and perform all jobs in assigned Cell group and rotates to each workstation as needed.
- Ability to follow directions and flexibility to respond to problems and changes in job assignments.
- Ability to work well with others
- Extensive standing, walking, upper body twisting, lifting, arm and hand motion, some foot motion
- Manual dexterity
- Manual movement of production material throughout manufacturing processes.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs required
- Vision abilities required include close vision.
- Work environment is not climate controlled and subject to weather conditions which may be hot or cold.